The Realme X7 Max 5G receives a new software update with the Dynamic RAM Expansion (DRE) feature, which was first introduced by Realme on the Narzo 30 5G.
As the name suggests, DRE allows you to virtually expand the RAM of your smartphone using its internal storage. On the Narzo 30 5G, you can head to the Settings > About phone > RAM menu and add up to 2GB, 3GB or 5GB ram virtually to the smartphone, but since we haven’t yet received the new version on our unit, we can’t confirm how much RAM users of the X7 Max 5G will be able to use to add virtually with the latest update.
That said, in addition to ram expansion, the new update brings the June 2021 Android security patch to the X7 Max 5G with a bunch of optimizations and bug fixes. You can check the update change log below for more details.
- Integrates the Android security patch of June 2021.
- Adds dynamic RAM expansion functionality.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- Reduces power consumption in some scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where third-party apps launch automatically after using deep cleaning.
- Fixes an issue where you might accidentally receive a notification that your network speed is limited.
- Optimizes the network for a better user experience.
- Optimizes the sharpness of photos taken outdoors using the rear camera.
- Fixes a flickering issue that occasionally occurred when you were taking photos or shooting videos.
The new firmware for the X7 Max 5G comes with version number RMX3031_11_A.16 and is currently being seeded in India, but we believe only a limited number of users will receive it at the moment, and a wider rollout will begin in a few days if no bugs are found.